Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Could copy be extended to support a more SQL-friendly syntax. like
> COPY tablename FROM VALUES(
>  (x1,y1,z1),
>  (x2,y2,z2),
>  (x3,y3,z3)
> );
> Extending the COPY command would probably be much easier than speeding up
> INSERTS.

That syntax is a lot like a real SQL9x INSERT. Supporting multiple rows
for inserts is probably not that difficult; but since INSERT is used so
much we would have to make sure we don't screw up something else. At the
moment, expanding a line of SQL into multiple internal querytree nodes
is a bit crufty but is possible.
                 - Thomas

От: Brook Milligan
Сообщение: Re: Re: Too many open files (was Re: spinlock problems reported earlier)
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: UNION JOIN vs UNION SELECT