Re: 7.1 Release Date

От Elmar Haneke
Тема Re: 7.1 Release Date
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> No, it's not - it's just not making assumptions like "enough space is
> present to dump everything somewhere" (if you have a multiGB database,
> dumping it to upgrade sounds like a bad idea), "the database server is
> running, so I can just dump the data" etc.

On every big Database-Server there sould be a way do dump the data,
the compressed dump is ways samaller than the files used by the
database. If it is impossible to dump it to disk yopu can dump it to
tape. If you cannot dump your data anywere you should simulate a
disk-crash and restart with an empty database :-)

Elmar

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: PL/Perl compilation error
От: "Poul L. Christiansen"
Сообщение: Re: Upper and Lower case sensitivities