SQLGetConnectAttrW + SQL_ATTR_CURRENT_CATALOG => wrong byte count?

От Marsupilami79
Тема SQLGetConnectAttrW + SQL_ATTR_CURRENT_CATALOG => wrong byte count?
Дата
Re: SQLGetConnectAttrW + SQL_ATTR_CURRENT_CATALOG => wrong byte count?  ("Inoue,Hiroshi" <hinoue205@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I am a co author of a data access library and we recently added an ODBC
bridge. This bridge has the capability to detemine the current Catalog /
Database. This is done by calling SQLGetConnectAttrW.

We try to determine the size of the buffer that is needed for the
catalog name in the following manner:
SQLGetConnectAttrW(fHDBC, SQL_ATTR_CURRENT_CATALOG, null, 0, &aLen)

The ODBC driver for Microsoft SQL server correctly returns the number of
bytes required (10 bytes for the Database name "Stork") in the aLen
parameter. The ODBC driver for PostgreSQL returns the number of
characters (8 characters for a database named "topsales"), where it
should return 16 for the number of bytes required.

I tested this with the psqlodbc_13_02_0000-x86 download for Windows 10
and installed the Unicode ODBC driver.

I assume this is a bug and needs to be fixed. I just don't know if this
is the right place to report the bug to?

With best regards,

Jan

От: "Wal, Jan Tjalling van der"
Сообщение: RE: column_query buffer in PGAPI ColumnPrivileges
От: "Wal, Jan Tjalling van der"
Сообщение: RE: SQLGetConnectAttrW + SQL_ATTR_CURRENT_CATALOG => wrong byte count?