Re: Confused by timezones

От Alessio Bragadini
Тема Re: Confused by timezones
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Karel Zak wrote:

>  Yes it's possible, but in freezed 7.1 *only*. It's 'TZ' and output is

Thanks, on my experimental 7.1 works perfectly, another reason to switch
as soon as possible. :-)

>  You must use same names (definitions) as are used in your OS
> (an example on Linux at /usr/share/zoneinfo)

In 7.1 works. Is it supposed to work also in 7.0? Because then it would
be a configuration problem on my main system.

Since I have a website with registered users, with associated timezone,
I would like to show all timestamps based on the user's timezone, and
the best way would be to set a session configuration. My only fear is
that Apache::DBI (which reuses the same connection for different pages)
could intermix such information. Any comment on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925