Re: RTREE on points

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: RTREE on points
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

> BTW, you should also look at the GIST stuff and figure out whether
> it might not be better to develop a GIST opclass instead of rtree.
> In the long run I suspect GIST will be better supported than rtree,
> since it's more general.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

are there any built-in GIST opclasses?  i didn't see any when looking
through the system tables.  weren't there things like gist_box_ops &
gist_poly_ops at one time?  i know there are a couple of GiST examples
in contrib (seg, cube & intarray), but i thought there used to be at
least a gist_box_ops.  or was that another contrib item that got
dropped?

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] drastic reduction in speed of inserts as the table grows
От: Rini Dutta
Сообщение: Another qs Re: [GENERAL] drastic reduction in speed of inserts as the table grows