INHERIT

От Peter Harvey
Тема INHERIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
If I try to get the columns from pg_attribute using the oid of a child
table created with INHERIT I get its columns AND all of its inherited
columns.

How do I just get the columns added by the child table?

I figure I could check each column to see if they also exist in
pg_attribute under a parent table but I figure there must be an
easier/faster way? Another pg_* table perhaps? Besides; I am not certian
this would work if there is a common column between a child and one of
its parents (if that is even allowed)?

As usual, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

BTW: I checked pg_dump source and did not see an answer.

--