Re: ODBC functions in gram.y

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: ODBC functions in gram.y
Дата
Re: ODBC functions in gram.y  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's not apparent to me that doing this in the ODBC support is simpler
> or better than the hack Peter put into gram.y.

?? We have a long standing design policy to not pollute SQL syntax with
ODBC cruft. And we have existing mechanisms to easily enable that,
delegating that compatibility layer to the ODBC driver where it belongs.
If we phrase this instead as an SQL syntax bug report it becomes even
clearer.

>  But more importantly,
> at this point in the 7.2 cycle we ought not be making any changes that
> are not *essential* bug fixes.  If you want to reorganize the support
> for CURRENT_TIMESTAMP() like that, let's leave it for 7.3.

*grumble* The support for this is already organized. I'm just suggesting
that we avoid arbitrarily damaging our design and implementation with an
arbitrary reorganization done in the 7.2 development cycle, and that we
fix it before it become embedded in a release.
                      - Thomas