I found it, I FOUND IT!!

I'd like to start by apologizing for my last message, it was chopped
off, badly written and incoherent, but you guys came through, for that I
thank you. No more 19 hour workdays for me, I promise.
OK, I found the '/etc/int.d', but there was no 'postgresql' subdirectory
under it; I created one and placed the start/stop script file in it;
changed the file permission to '755'. After doing this, I created the
link files:

ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc0.d/K02postgresql
ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc1.d/K02postgresql
ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc2.d/K02postgresql
ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc3.d/S98postgresql
ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc4.d/S98postgresql
ln -s /etc/init.d/posgresql/linux  /etc/rc5.d/S98postgresql

However, after rebooting the machine, I still don't get postgresql
starting at boot time. Can someone please tell me if I am missing
something?
I would assume that it's not running because psql is not a recognized
command.

Thanks.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: another "EXPLAIN -- NO INDEX?" question