Re: sequential joins

От Oleg Lebedev
Тема Re: sequential joins
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ok, here it is:
SELECT *
FROM
activity a
LEFT OUTER JOIN       (SELECT     username AS artistname,                           objectid AS userid       FROM
 user) u1

ON a.artist = u1.userid;

After this join, I would have a view, that contains original activity table
data, appended with column artistname, which would contain artist username,
referenced from this activity record.
If I join the result with       (SELECT     username AS programmername,                           objectid AS userid
  FROM         user) u2

ON a.programmer = u2.userid
I would have programmername column appended, containing programmers username,
etc.
I hope this clarifies the issue.
thanks,