Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group

От Neftin, Slava
Тема Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I saw that Postgres is supporting to run with user with administrative perm=
issions.
There is a code that dropping administrative privileges ad startup.
However, I see that when I am changing "postgres" user to be as part of "Ad=
ministrators" group, starting of service fails with error in Event's Log:
"could not open process token: error code 5".
When I am running in XP everything is OK, but in 2003 it fails.

I see that the error is logged from "postgres.exe" process when OpenProcess=
Token call fails.

Is it a bug? Please assist what can be done to overcome it?

Thanks in advance,
Slava Neftin

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: building Postgresql in Windows XP
От: "Brent Wood"
Сообщение: BUG #4664: \o does not allow successive output to be appended