Re: index problem (uses one index but not the other)

От Maurice Balick
Тема Re: index problem (uses one index but not the other)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm sorry, I meant to say 7.2.1 not 7.3 and now I see that it's available.
So I guess I'll go try it and see if it solves my index problem.

--Maurice

Maurice Balick wrote:
   Yes, there
are 42000+ records with order_id = 0, no other order_id is present in more
than 10 records.

 Is there any simple way to solve this problem without going to 7.2? (I'd
rather go to 7.3 directly in a month or two).

 --Maurice

 PS: Thanks for always being there for 'us', the plain users.

 Tom Lane wrote:

    Maurice Balick <balm@smiley.com> writes:

      The weird thing is that this used to work (i.e. trans_oid_idx was used)when there was about 200000 records (about
1/3of now). Also, there is about9000 distinct values of account_id, but about 300000 values of order_id.

      What's the most common value in each case?

        (I am running Postgresql 7.1.3 on Redhat 7.1)

        7.2 is less likely to be fooled when the most common value is much morecommon than the rest ...
regards,tom lane---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the
postmaster.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Triggers and System Tables
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Perplexing Query Performance