Re: Strange interaction with php's pg_query

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Strange interaction with php's pg_query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> writes:
>
>>And if I start psql and enter:
>>"select * from sysinfo"
>>I get the expected list of name/value pairs that were entered
>>into the table at an earlier operation.
>
>>However, if I execute the same query using pg_query() in php,
>>I get the error:
>>Warning: pg_query() query failed: ERROR: Relation "sysinfo" does not exist in
/usr/home/group/webpages/epd/class/base.class.phpon line 44

> I think your php client must be connecting to a different database
> than you are connecting to when you run psql by hand.  If you are
> allowing the default choice of database name = user name to be taken,
> this isn't real surprising...

That's it.  I guess it really was _too_ late for me to be working
on this last night.  Thanks.

>>This really confuses me, as "sysinfo" isn't even a relation and
>>why should the parser even imagine it to be a relation?
>
> "relation" and "table" are more or less synonymous in PG error messages.
> (IMHO the exact meaning of "relation" in our code is "something with a
> pg_class entry", which covers also views, sequences, indexes, etc; but
> you probably didn't need to know that.)

That helps too.  Knowing the terminology that Postgre uses will help
me be less of a dummy when interpreting error messages in the future.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology

От: Martín Marqués
Сообщение: Re: restoreing dumps fail
От: "Robert Abbate"
Сообщение: Re: transitioning postgres oid