Re: Psql 7.2.1 Regress tests failed on RedHat 7.3

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Psql 7.2.1 Regress tests failed on RedHat 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> >error condition for dates before 1970. As it is (assuming that a change
> >actually has occurred) the timezone system in GNU systems has been badly
> >and gratuitously damaged in the newest releases of glibc.
> The mktime.c for glibc hasn't changed since Jul 5, 2001.

There is a thread (I'm pretty sure it was on-list) which points at a
change log which shows that the behavior of mktime() was changed in the
glibc development tree. My recollection might be wrong on details, but I
strongly recall this to be substantially correct.

Hopefully the changes are backed out or at least the "set the time zone"
side effect continues to be supported (it wasn't clear what the actual
change in implementation would do; I didn't look at the source).
Otherwise, Linux systems will look more and more like they were built by
kids who weren't even alive before 1970. Hmm, maybe that's the
explanation... ;)

                - Thomas (*definitely* pre-1970)

От: Laurette Cisneros
Сообщение: Re: psql command history
От: Alan Wayne
Сообщение: how do I unsubscribe? Install problems?