Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Why should we rely on broken glibc and the standard? Why don't we make
> our own mktime() and use it on all platforms.

The downside to doing that is that we then take over maintenance of the
code and, more importantly, the timezone database.

But it might be the best thing to do. It looks like the zic package
pointed to the other day could be used, though we may have to change
some of the variables and entry points to avoid library conflicts. But
we could also blow past the y2038 limit afaict which would be nice.
                   - Thomas

От: "Nigel J. Andrews"
Сообщение: Re: 2nd cut at SSL documentation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug