Re: contrib/cube & contrib/seg regression fixes

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: contrib/cube & contrib/seg regression fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> AFAICT, bison 1.28 (what I have here) cannot emit any message mentioning
> "unexpected"; the word just plain does not appear in bison.simple.
> "unexpected $undefined." does not exactly seem like a major advance in
> error-message technology anyway :-(.
>
> I suggest we sit tight and hope that the bison guys get their act
> together, soon.

I figured as much. Thanks for looking at it.

FWIW, both seg and cube have "#define YYERROR_VERBOSE", which seems to add the
expected/unexpected text. It might solve the issue to remove the define and
accept slightly less verbose output.

As a side note, while researching this I looked at bison's cvs HEAD. It
appears bison is undergoing some fairly substantial rewriting -- bison.simple
is now in the attic.

Joe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch to return last tid
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: contrib/cube & contrib/seg regression fixes