Re: The Portal...

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: The Portal...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Vince Vielhaber wrote:
<snip>
> > You've got an account on the techdocs/jobs VM don't you?
>
> Is techdocs still where it's always been?  If so, then yes.  If not,
> then I'm not sure.

Um, I think so.  techdocs.postgresql.org on venus.

Let me know if you have any hassles, can re-create your account if
needed, etc.

> > It's probably a matter of copying the code over and ensuring the
> > pg_hba.conf file on the db machine let's it in.
> >
> > Or would it be a better strategy to copy the pages for the www site to
> > the techdoc/jobs VM and point the www address at that so that everyone
> > can work on them if needed?
>
> I looked into that once but it's too messy.  There are too many other
> things tied together.  I haven't looked at it, but don't static pages
> get created from the php code then visiters see just the static stuff?
> If that's the case I can pull the static pages over hourly or whatever.

Good point.  That's a question for Dave.

> > Actually, that might be a real pain, depending on what else is
> > configured to run on www.postgresql.org.
>
> Exactly.   Imagine a headache.  Make that a migrane.  Combine it with
> a bad hangover.  That would be a summer afternoon relaxing in a hammock
> compared to trying to move things :)

Ok, was thinking that having all the web stuff in one place might be
simpler.  As it is, we're probably getting overdue on properly planning
out the whole concept of *.postgresql.org as it is, but like, who's got
time.... :-/  Maybe give it another year.  ;-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>
> Vince.
> --
>    http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
>          Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

   - Indira Gandhi