Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Measuring CPU time use? (Another stupid question)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jessica Blank wrote:
> I suppose I should rephrase.

[...snip...]

> So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't care so much about CPU time, or
> I/O time, but *TOTAL* time. How long it takes from the instant the query
> hits Postgres to the instant I get my results back...

That's pretty much exactly what EXPLAIN ANALYZE does for you. And along with
it, you get other useful information to help you improve the query.

Joe

От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY random() LIMIT 1 slowness
От: Vivek Khera
Сообщение: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in integer context