Re: lost on self joins

От Tomasz Myrta
Тема Re: lost on self joins
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

>>>Strange. Do you need this table? Can one file exist in several
>>>directories?
>>>If not, you can just add "folderid" field into table files.
>>
>>Good point.  No, it can't exist in multiple folders, so I guess it's
>>overkill to do a many to many here.  Thanks for the moment of clarity.
>

>Unless you're attempting to accurately map Unix filesystem sematics, where
>the exact same file _can_ be in more than one place in the filesystem
>(hard links).  It's all about the inode. One of the wierder bits of unix
>that you don't often see used in common occurances.
>
>Ross

If we are talking about Unix filesystems - this solution doesn't
let you change filename when using hard (symbolic) links.
Anyway I wish I could use symbolic link on windows machine
the same like on linux one...

I think more important for Matthew would be protection against circular
join which causes query to hang up.

Tomasz

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: dev@archonet.com
Сообщение: Re: RFC: A brief guide to nulls
От: "Ries van Twisk"
Сообщение: Re: RFC: A brief guide to nulls (noarchive)