Re: dblink question please

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: dblink question please
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Frankie Lam wrote:
> Yah!
>
> That's exactly what I did already(did this to all lines containing
> `elog(ERROR...)'. :-D
> But, I'm still experiencing some error messages when I'm doing 'extreme'
> test to
> plpgsql functions,
> for example 'ExecMakerTableFunctionResult: Invalid result from function
> returning tuple'.
>
> I really have no idea about what this message is related to the dblink
> functions. Any idea
> about it? Thanks so much.

Sounds like you didn't heed my warning. It is *probably* safe to make
the elog(ERROR...) to elog(NOTICE...) change *in that one function*,
dblink_connect(), and then use persistent connections, e.g.

select dblink_connect('dbname=blah ...');
select * from dblink('select f1 from foo') as (f1 text);

If instead you made the change within the dblink_record() function, and
you weren't careful to add additional error handling, then the message
you got is what I'd expect. You basically broke dblink for those scenarios.

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: What's wrong with this identification configuration?
От: "Frankie Lam"
Сообщение: Re: dblink question please