Re: dblink question please

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: dblink question please
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Frankie Lam wrote:
> Now I use only persistent connection inside my PLPGSQL functions, the
> EXCEPTION "ExecMakerTableFunctionResult: Invalid result from function
>  returning tuple" has gone.

Good.

> It seems to me this is a matter of libPQ (because connect_timeout
> doesn't work in the case), but someone told me this is nothing to do
> with libPQ, and it's possible a matter of KERNEL and transport layer
> of tcp protocol.(I don't really understand these stuff) Is this
> true?(If this is true, then I have to abort my project :-( )

I'm afraid the person who gave you that answer knows much better than I.
Perhaps there is some kernel tcp parameter you can adjust? Or maybe
dblink just isn't an appropriate solution given your requirements. You
haven't described what exactly you are trying to do, and what exactly
are your requirements, so it's a bit hard to help there.

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tomasz Myrta
Сообщение: Re: UNION or UNION ALL
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Debugging postmaster to fix possible bug in Postgres? Followup to "How do you select