Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)

От Carlos Moreno
Тема Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>I get useful results with
>
>/usr/sbin/tcpdump -x -X -s 0 -i lo port 5432
>
>You do need to use "-h localhost" when connecting with psql.

Yes, the -h localhost would be necessary;  notice that I want to
eavesdrop on my application  (the test with psql was just to
try and see the protocol just to make sure that I understand
the basics before jumping to some serious debugging on my
application).  But yes, the above translates to the fact that
I'll have to add host=localhost to the connection string in my
code.

Thanks,

Carlos

От: Carlos Moreno
Сообщение: Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)
От: Drew Wilson
Сообщение: how to detect psql's errors?