Re: pgsql problem

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: pgsql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> > > CREATE TRIGGER OnCreateUser
> > > AFTER INSERT
> > > ON users FOR EACH ROW
> > > EXECUTE PROCEDURE CreateUserTrig();
> > >
> > Have you thought of using BEFORE INSERT instead of AFTER INSERT?
>

> Well, no, but I want to do it only after the insert because I will use
the
> primary key to insert it in an other table, so I have to be sure that
it has
> been inserted.
> Could you explain to me why it doesn't work ?

Well, I think Stephan did:
Right now AFAIR after triggers run at the end of the containing
statement
(in this case the select of createuser) which is what causes the
behavior
you're seeing.  I'm not sure of a good work around, off hand, for your
case though.

So, what about just skipping the trigger and move the trigger function
CreateUser?

Regards, Christoph