Re: Avoiding duplications in table.

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: Avoiding duplications in table.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For us not to struggle to read what you are doing,
please reformat your table definitions along the lines of:

tablename1
    column_name1, type
    column name2, type
    column name3, type

tablename1
    column name1, type
    column name2, type
    column name3, type

or

full fledged table creation statements a la:

CREATE TABLE PhonNums(
    phone_num_id serial NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    phon_num varchar(32) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    created timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL
);

PS one of the recommended ways to name attributes in a database design are:

Schemas        'ALL_CAPS_SEPARATED_WORDS' (this is a guess)
TableNames     'BumpyCaps'
FieldNames     'lower_case_underscore_separated_words'
SQLWords     'SHOULD BE ALL CAPS'
Keys/Indexes     'Often_Are_Found_With_Leading_Caps_And_Underscores'
Functions     'One_leading_cap_with_underscores' - i really don't know

Of course, PGSQL and other databases will change some of those to all caps or
all lowercase. But for readability, naming db attributes this way in SQL
statements and functions etc, helps a lot.

От: Amin Abdulghani
Сообщение: Re: 4 billion + oids
От: Dennis Gearon
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding duplications in tables