Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?

От Medi Montaseri
Тема Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In my application, I do the following before saying "ok db is up"

1- Look for the PID, that tells me postmaster at least is a process and
has an ID
2- Check /proc/pid
3- Connect to template-1
4- Connect to MyDatabase
5- Query something,

That tells me that all parts are working....

By the way, does the '-w' on start gives up in 60 seconds or
indefinitely blocks...