casting timeofday() to timestamp boken under cygwin - Problem identified

От Tim McAuley
Тема casting timeofday() to timestamp boken under cygwin - Problem identified
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi there,

Regarding my last email. I have found the issue. Windows 2K is reporting
the timezine as GMTDT (GMT, Dublin time... I think) and I don't believe
Postgresql can understand this.

See the following code segments:

mcauleyt=# select timeofday();
               timeofday
---------------------------------------
 Fri Jul 25 10:38:13.056614 2003 GMTST
(1 row)

mcauleyt=# select substr(timeofday(), 1, 35);
               substr
-------------------------------------
 Fri Jul 25 10:38:16.952614 2003 GMT
(1 row)

mcauleyt=# select timeofday()::timestamp;
ERROR:  Bad timestamp external representation 'Fri Jul 25
10:38:51.410614 2003 GMTST'

mcauleyt=# select substr(timeofday(), 1, 35)::timestamp;
           substr
 2003-07-25 10:38:57.918614
(1 row)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.3 with pgcrypto on FreeBSD 5.1
От: Tim McAuley
Сообщение: casting timeofday to timestamp broken under cygwin