Re: What is the good equivalent for ENUM ?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: What is the good equivalent for ENUM ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3 Sep 2003 at 14:30, Bruno BAGUETTE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have to migrate a MySQL database to a PostgreSQL database without
> procedures.
>
> The problem is that this MySQL database uses ENUM, do you see what can I
> do to migrate ENUM into PostgreSQL ?

varchar with check constraints. Add constraits to allow only certain values of
varchar string.

Check http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2002-03/msg00273.php

Bye
 Shridhar

--
All new:    Parts not interchangeable with previous model.

От: "Bruno BAGUETTE"
Сообщение: What is the good equivalent for ENUM ?
От: "Amin Schoeib"
Сообщение: Trunc in Postgres