How to insert non-english characters to the db?

От Andreas Fromm
Тема How to insert non-english characters to the db?
Дата
Re: How to insert non-english characters to the db?  (Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I need to store strings with non-english characters in my DB. I created
my db with unicode encoding, but am not able to insert data into it from
psql nor  pgaccess, which seems not to suport non english characters at
all. I tryed the sql-postgresql emacs mode, which displays the
characters, but does'mt insert them.

In a long term I need to insert the values form a perl-cgi script, but
wasn't able until now to insert any special character at all.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, regards

Andreas Fromm

От: "Smitha V. Babu"
Сообщение:
От: "M. Bastin"
Сообщение: Re: How to insert non-english characters to the db?