Re: Russian data in SQL_ASCII encoding

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Russian data in SQL_ASCII encoding
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Моисеев Алексей Николаевич wrote:
>
>> Hi!!!
>> Why russian data from tables in pgadmin 3 release in SQL_ASCII coding
>> is not
>> visible, but this data visible in pgadmin 2?
>> What is the different between pgadmin3 and pgadmin2 for this problem?
>> Thanks.
>>
> Hm,
> I suspect that the server isn't able to translate your SQL_ASCII data
> to Unicode to send it over the line. Currently, pgAdmin3 tells the
> backend to send all data in Unicode, which should fit everything (if
> convertible).
>
> Maybe we should leave the client connection SQL_ASCII if this is the
> server encoding, because there are probably many SQL_ASCII encoded
> databases around that actually contain non-ascii (thus
> non-convertible) data.

I updated pgConn.cpp and pgConn.h to be SQL_ASCII aware. There's some
heavy work in cvs underway. If you have a pgAdmin3 source installation
to test it, you should get these two files only.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Sorting questions and an SSL question
От: Network Administrator
Сообщение: Re: Sorting questions and an SSL question