Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:

> I just setup a Slackware 9.1 machine and tried pgadmin3-1.0.1 and the
> October 29 snapshot of pgadmin3 with a connection to my SSL enabled
> PostgreSQL server.  Everything worked perfectly.  The Slack 9.1
> machine has openssl-0.9.7b on it.  I have a coworker running Mandrake
> 9.1 which contains openssl-0.9.7a.  His pgadmin3 also crashes trying
> to run queries against our SSL enabled PostgreSQL server.  He
> installed the Mandrake rpms for pgadmin3 from the
> pgadmin.postgresql.org site.
>
> You were right about needing to play with the libraries.  I'll see if
> I can get my RedHat 9 box up to openssl 0.9.7b.

Actually, I can't believe that only 0.9.7b will work, but not 0.9.7a or
0.9.7c, so I'd be glad if you could confirm this.

When mentioning libraries, I was talking about compilation options for
multithread support and possible linkage against mt enabled libraries.
Possibly, there are platforms where things are not compiled/linked
correctly, but nobody noticed because ssl connections are rarely used
(at least  for admins contacting a local server)

Regards,
Andreas

От: Matt Chatterley
Сообщение: Re: Constraint Bug
От: timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org
Сообщение: Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server