Re: procpid in pg_stat_activity but no correspoding backend

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: procpid in pg_stat_activity but no correspoding backend
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I noticed that an entry in pg_stat_activity was existing for a
> long duration > 2 mins while its backend ( process corresponding
> to that procpid) was not running.
>
> how can it be possible ?
>
> version: 7.3.4

There was a bug that caused a crashing backend to hang around in the
stats until the slot is reused, because the message telling that the
backend terminates is never sent to the collector daemon. I'm not sure
if that got fixed for 7.4.

Jan

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: [off-topic] Bugtracker using PostgreSQL
От: Guy Fraser
Сообщение: Re: RHEL