Re: [HACKERS] More detail on settings for pgavd?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More detail on settings for pgavd?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> But we track tuples because we can compare against the count given by
> the stats system.  I don't know of a way (other than looking at the FSM,
> or contrib/pgstattuple ) to see how many dead pages exist.

I think making pg_autovacuum dependent of pgstattuple is very good idea.

Probably it might be a good idea to extend pgstattuple to return pages that are
excessively contaminated and clean them ASAP. Step by step getting closer to
daemonized vacuum.

  Shridhar

От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More detail on settings for pgavd?
От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More detail on settings for pgavd?