Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?

От Graham Leggett
Тема Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck wrote:

> You won't get any rounding errors in NUMERIC either. What people should
> be concerned of is to find an arbitrary precision package for the
> frontend programming language they're using.

What is the definition of a numeric number? I understand (from studying
numeric methods all those years ago) that the base 10 decimal number 0.1
cannot be stored exactly in base 2 floating point, thus my use of
integers - is numeric an arbitrary precision concept?

Regards,
Graham

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: OpenFTS-perl-0.35 released
От: Kaarel
Сообщение: Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)