Re: The postgres server don't work

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: The postgres server don't work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/8/22 15:29, Mohammed falih wrote:
> yes I think the service doesn't even start
>
> I have only the default protection that comes with the operating system
>
> wow the postgres started working!! but the problem came back that talks
> about console code " WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from
> Windows code page (1252)
>
> 8-bit characters mightnot  work correctly. See psql reference
>           page "Notes for Windows users"for  details."

I don't use Windows anymore so I am going from memory here. In the
Windows menu there should be an entry for Postgres and its sub-programs.
One of those should be named something like psql or database shell.
Click on that, it will run a shell script that prompts you for
connection information and if I remember correctly also takes care of
the above issue.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: The postgres server don't work
От: Alicja Kucharczyk
Сообщение: Re: create database hangs forever on WSL - autovacuum deadlock?