Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-02-27 Tu 05:02, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Dear Euler,
>
>> Sorry, which pg_rewind option did you mention? I cannot find.
>> IIUC, -l is an only option which can accept the path, but it is not related with us.
> Sorry, I found [1]. I was confused with pg_resetwal. But my opinion was not so changed.
> The reason why --config-file exists is that pg_rewind requires that target must be stopped,
> which is different from the current pg_createsubscriber. So I still do not like to add options.
>
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-pgrewind.html#:~:text=%2D%2Dconfig%2Dfile%3Dfilename
> [2]:
> ```
> The target server must be shut down cleanly before running pg_rewind
> ```

Even though that is a difference I'd still rather we did more or less
the same thing more or less the same way across utilities, so I agree
with Euler's suggestion.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Infinite loop in XLogPageRead() on standby