Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/23/24 06:01, HORDER Philip wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>
> I actually hadn't thought to look for Postgres bugs, the system is so reliable for us, it just doesn't go wrong!
>
> I can trigger the fault be running a reload of the lfm database, and we've been running Postgres 10 & 13 for several
yearsnow without seeing this problem.

> Our symptoms match that bug description exactly, so I'm pretty confident this is the problem.
> I'll have to push through the right paperwork to get a Postgres update, and that will take a while

While you are doing the paperwork make sure it is for upgrade to 15.7.
Also might mention minor upgrades (x in X.x) are a good idea as
Postgres, like any software, does get bugs and the minor releases fix
them. Point the folks in charge at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/release.html

Also minor releases as a rule do not require dump/restore or pg_upgrade
or other heavy lifting. There have been exceptions, but they are rare.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach
От: Skorpeo Skorpeo
Сообщение: Re: Json table/column design question