Re: I slipped up so that no existing role allows connection. Is rescue possible?

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: I slipped up so that no existing role allows connection. Is rescue possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/19/22 18:15, Tom Lane wrote:
Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> writes:
Is rescue possible? Or must I simply remove my cluster and use "pg_ctl" to create a new one within my existing PG 14.5 software env?
Stop the cluster, start a single-user session ("postgres --single"),
re-grant superuser to the postgres user and/or whatever else you
wish you could take back, end that session, restart the cluster.

(You're not the first to mess up like this.)
			regards, tom lane

Tom, your knowledge is vast and your advice is extremely useful. Have you ever considered creating a dedicated page for beginners? Something like AskTom.postgresql.org would probably be appropriate.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

От: Ron
Сообщение: Experience with Dell SRM/SRDF?
От: "Theodore M Rolle, Jr."
Сообщение: Re: I slipped up so that no existing role allows connection. Is rescue possible?