Re: 8.5 TODO: any info on "Create dump tool for write-ahead logs..." in PITR section (1.4)?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: 8.5 TODO: any info on "Create dump tool for write-ahead logs..." in PITR section (1.4)?
Дата
Ответ на Re: 8.5 TODO: any info on "Create dump tool for write-ahead logs..." in PITR section (1.4)?  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> That TODO item is a lot less important after we have Hot Standby. It
> contains functions that allow you to pause and continue WAL replay, and
> step through the WAL one transaction at a time.

I don't think this is practical for PITR purpose, since applying one transaction
at a time up to the recovery target point might take very long time. So the tool
to quickly determine the recovery target point is necessary even after we have
HS, I think. Am I missing something?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: dblink memory leak