Re: Documentation of the Front End/Back End Protocol for Large Objects

От Marco Bizzarri
Тема Re: Documentation of the Front End/Back End Protocol for Large Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom.

Thanks for your suggestion, this was my choice, after I was unable to
find any reference.

> "Marco Bizzarri" <marco.bizzarri@gmail.com> writes:
> > I would like to study the protocol for large object operations
> > (lo_read, lo_write,...) between the front-end and back-end.
>
> > I've found this
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/protocol.html, but it looks
> > like it has no message specific for large object...
>
> libpq does it through Function Call messages that invoke lo_open and so
> on.  Look into src/interfaces/libpq/fe-lobj.c.

Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/

От: Dylan Hansen
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump With OIDs Supported?
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Idea for vacuuming