Not a PG question: SCSI question

От Jean-Arthur Silve
Тема Not a PG question: SCSI question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi !

I have 2 servers running apache, php and PG 7.0.3 running under Linux

The first one uses IDE disks, and everything run fine and fast. (uses linux
2.0.36)

The second one uses SCSI drives with a Adaptec adapter. (uses Linux 2.2.14)

My problem is that acces to the DB on this server are very very slow (I
guess that it s particulary slow when i do INSERTs)
It s so slow that even the keyboard and the display slow down ! The HD
write or read a lot...
When I do a "ps" or "top", I don't see any process taking all the ressources...

So, I guess there is something whith the SCSI...

Is anybody has a clue ??

thanks !

jean-arthur
PS : I did a vacuum analyze, and the table are not so big (max tuples are
5000 )

EuroVox
4, place Félix Eboue
75583 Paris Cedex 12