[HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys

От Aaron Spike
Тема [HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Using MS Access 2003 and pgsql-odbc 7.03.02.00.

Today I added a column (Course_LongName) to a table (Courses), when I
relinked the table in Access decided that that column should be part
of
the composite primary key. The Correct Key is "Course_Number",
"SchoolYear", "SchoolYearSemester". Access Chooses "Course_Number",
"SchoolYearSemester", "Course_LongName" every time. I can't get it to
let
go!

I've deleted the link and relinked/refreshed. I've checked and
unchecked "Recognise unique indexes" to no avail. Is there any way I
can
make this go right?

How does Access choose keys? Can I trick it?

Is there a way to force Access to display the key choosing interface
when
linking tables from postgresql?

Aaron Spike

My Table description:
                     Table "public.Courses"
       Column       |              Type              | Modifiers
--------------------+--------------------------------+-----------
 Course_Number      | character varying(7)           | not null
 Course_ShortName   | character varying(12)          |
 Course_Credit      | double precision               | not null
 ModifiedBy         | text                           |
 Modified           | timestamp(0) without time zone |
 Course_Description | text                           |
 SchoolYear         | character varying(6)           | not null
 SchoolYearSemester | character varying(1)           | not null
 Course_LongName    | character varying(255)         |
Indexes: Courses_pkey primary key btree ("Course_Number",
"SchoolYear", "SchoolYearSemester")
Triggers: courses_update_modified