Re: Avoid MVCC using exclusive lock possible?

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Avoid MVCC using exclusive lock possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jon Jensen wrote:
> How would you do a rollback if an error occurred mid-query? How would you
> keep your table from being a big pile of junk if a power failure happened
> during the query?

As most non-MVCC database do: by writing WAL records.

In theory, it seems to me that we could implement an overwriting
storage manager for PostgreSQL (i.e. we'd have both MVCC and non-MVCC,
and allow users to choose at runtime). It would require a *lot* of
work, but I can't see any fundamental reason why it wouldn't be possible.

-Neil

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Schema comparisons
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoid MVCC using exclusive lock possible?