Re: pg_dumpall and owner of the extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall and owner of the extension
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
kaido vaikla <kaido.vaikla@gmail.com> writes:
> So pg_dumpall is not aware  who ran "CREATE EXTENSION"?

Yeah, pg_dump makes no effort to restore extensions with the same
owner.  This didn't matter back when the feature was designed,
because you had to be superuser to install most interesting
extensions.  I suppose we should revisit the choice sometime.
There's no ALTER EXTENSION OWNER command, though, so it would
need to be done in a different way from other object types.
Not sure offhand what the downsides of that would be.

От: kaido vaikla
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall and owner of the extension
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall and owner of the extension