Re: functional index arg matching patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: functional index arg matching patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mark Hollomon" <mhh@nortelnetworks.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Um, thanks for working on this, but I already fixed that...

> When? A message you sent on 8-11 indicated it wasn't.

(Checks CVS) ... yesterday, actually.

> I'll be interested in seeing how you did it.

I just called the ambiguous-function-name-resolution code in
parse_func.c and then checked to make sure it hadn't selected
something the executor wasn't prepared to cope with --- ie,
functions requiring runtime conversions of input data types.

It looked like you had copied out a bunch of the parse_func.c code,
which is OK in the short run but the duplicated code might be
a headache to keep in sync later on.

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
От: Mike Mascari
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)