PG's table inheritance and object table in Oracle

От David Garamond
Тема PG's table inheritance and object table in Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there anyone using object table in Oracle? How does it differ from
table inheritance in PG (aside from the declaration syntax).

I actually just found out about table inheritance today, and absolutely
love it! However, it's a shame if this feature is totally unportable.
Are there any other popular RDBMS carrying the same kind of feature?
(I've checked Oracle 9i, Mimer 9.2, FB 1.5, SQLServer 2k, DB2 8.1...)

--
dave

От: Anony Mous
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump "what if?"
От: David Garamond
Сообщение: Re: subversion vs cvs (Was: Re: [HACKERS] linked list rewrite)