Re: per table random-page-cost?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: per table random-page-cost?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM, marcin mank <marcin.mank@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently random_page_cost is a GUC. I propose that this could be set per-table.

Or per-tablespace.

Yes, I think there are a class of GUCs which describe the physical
attributes of the storage system which should be per-table or
per-tablespace. random_page_cost, sequential_page_cost,
effective_io_concurrency come to mind.

While this isn't a simple flag to change it does seem like a bit of a
SMOP. The GUC infrastructure stores these values in global variables
which the planner and other systems consult directly. They would
instead have to be made storage parameters which the planner and other
systems check on the appropriate table and default to the global GUC
if they're not set.

--
greg

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: per table random-page-cost?
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: per table random-page-cost?