Re: Proposal: Pre ordered aggregates, default ORDER BY clause for aggregates - median support

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Proposal: Pre ordered aggregates, default ORDER BY clause for aggregates - median support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Incidentally there are O(n) algorithms for finding the median (or any
specific offset). It shouldn't be necessary to sort at all.

I'm not sure which path this argues for - perhaps Tom's position that
we need more optimiser infrastructure so we can see how to accomplish
this. Perhaps it means you should really implement median() with an
internal selection alagorithm and not depend on the optimizer at all.

--
greg

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts