Re: Transparent column encryption

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Transparent column encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
New patch.

Per some feedback, I have renamed this feature.  People didn't like the
"transparent", for various reasons.  The new name I came up with is
"automatic client-side column-level encryption".  This also matches the
terminology used in other products better.  (Maybe the acronym ACSCLE --
pronounced "a chuckle" -- will catch on.)  I'm also using various
subsets of that name when the context is clear.

Other changes since v15:

- CEKs and CMKs now have USAGE privileges.  (There are some TODO markers
where I got too bored with boilerplate.  I will fill those in, but the
idea should be clear.)

- Renamed attrealtypid to attusertypid.  (It wasn't really "real".)
- Added corresponding attusertypmod.
- Removed attencalg, it's now stored in atttypmod.
(The last three together make the whole attribute storage work more
sensibly and smoothly.)

- Various documentation changes (review by Mark Dilger)
- Added more explicit documentation that this feature is not to protect
against an "evil DBA".

От: "shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: "out of relcache_callback_list slots" after multiple calls to pg_logical_slot_get_binary_changes
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Transparent column encryption