RE: error "can only drop stats once" brings down database

От Floris Van Nee
Тема RE: error "can only drop stats once" brings down database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> Could you confirm that you have a) a lot of oid assignments b) your startup
> process was running for a long time by the time of the crash?

Thanks Andres. Both higher than average I guess, although it depends on what is considered 'a lot' and 'a long time'.
Thestartup process was running for a few months. There are ~500k entries in pg_class, of which most are (Timescale)
partitions.However, even with this number of items in pg_class I would't expect wraparound to happen frequently? These
arenot dropped/recreated. I've monitored "select count(*) from pg_class" for a while to see if it changes often, and
whilethere are changes during the day (likely temporary tables being created), it also doesn't nearly happen at a
frequencythat will get us to a wraparound quickly.

Oids aren't just consumed by pg_class though. And I do see system oid growing quickly (when doing CREATE TABLE twice
witha minute in between, then checking the oid difference of the table). I don't know how to investigate the cause of
this.What would be the best way to check what could be consuming these oids so quickly?

-Floris

От: Jacques Combrink
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18456: Trigger data in plpython3u trigger-function changes in AFTER UPDATE OR INSERT trigger
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18456: Trigger data in plpython3u trigger-function changes in AFTER UPDATE OR INSERT trigger