Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/3/21 5:13 PM, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

>> Maybe we should put in a startup-time check, analogous to the
>> can't-run-as-root test, that the postmaster mustn't be PID 1.
> Given that a number of minimal `init`s already exist specifically for
> the case of running a single application in a container, I don't think
> Postgres should to reinvent that wheel.  A quick eyball of the output of
> `apt search container init` on a Debian Bullseyse system reveals at
> least four:
>
>  - https://github.com/Yelp/dumb-init
>  - https://github.com/krallin/tini
>  - https://github.com/fpco/pid1
>  - https://github.com/openSUSE/catatonit
>
> The first one also explains why there's more to being PID 1 than just
> handling reparented children.

I looked at the first of these, and it seems perfectly sensible. So I
agree all we really need to do is refuse to run as PID 1.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart