Re: How to control pg_catalog results for each users?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to control pg_catalog results for each users?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sunday, January 29, 2023, hirose shigeo(廣瀬 繁雄 □SWC○ACT) <
> shigeo.hirose@toshiba.co.jp> wrote:
>> Has there been any discussion or development on controlling this system
>> catalog information on a per-user

> I found this one:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20160107032927.GT3685%40tamriel.snowman.net#6d9e59a0d052e7bdccd5a6c4e7a44a3f

There have been a ton of discussions around this area over the years.
The short answer is that if you think you need to prevent people
from seeing the contents of the system catalogs, Postgres is not
the database for you.  I don't really foresee that changing, because
it would break at least as many use-cases as it would enable.  The
thread David referenced only talks about side-effects on pg_dump,
but there are many other applications that would be just as broken
if we restricted this.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: How to control pg_catalog results for each users?
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: How to control pg_catalog results for each users?